p.s. I'm sure you were dying to know how my washer/toilet woes turned out. Lenny the washer now occupies Warren's old space and Darla (the dryer) now looks really sad next to the shiny white. The toothbrush (spiderman, hmmm) was successfully dislodged (kudos, Dad). On to the next thing...
Friday, June 20, 2008
While He Was Out
I have to give myself a HUGE pat on the back for my recent gifting. OK, I'll take it down a notch. Anyway, for Father's Day I planned a super fun gift for my hub. A few weeks ago I decided to completely redo our bedroom while he worked on Saturday (Father's Day Eve). I almost didn't survive the wallpaper tear down portion, but in the end it all came together. It was a CRAZY week with all the work and three little ones clinging to my ankles, but I came out alive. Hub was very surprised and I collapsed as soon as it was over. He says he didn't suspect a thing even though I was suddenly REALLY interested in prepping the walls and working like a dog all week. When all was said and done I had done the following: eliminated wallpaper (thanks, sis and mom), painted (thanks Justin and Dan), new blinds, new bathroom mirror, new light fixture, new curtains (thanks Amy). The walls required LOTS of repair after the awful wallpaper came down and I'm proud to say I expanded my home improvement knowledge to include spackle and joint compound. I'm still wondering why it took me three years!!! Enjoy some before and after pics.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So fun!! Good for you! All that hard work paid off, eh?! I love the end result!
That is some AWESOME wallpaper! We have had our share of wallpaper removal and I have to say, YOU GO GIRL!
Post a Comment