Our little (well, not so little anymore) baby has been quite silent. He's always seemed very content, doesn't even cry much. I guess with all the other things going on in the house, we didn't notice this as a negative thing. We even rejoiced in his silence (finally, a quiet one). But we started to be concerned when he wasn't meeting his "verbal milestones." These milestones came from his pediatrician and our parent/child preschool. Everyone was concerned that he wasn't making ANY sounds. I began doing "primitive" hearing tests (snapping my fingers behind his back, shaking things out of his sight) to see if he would turn (very official, I know). I started to OBSESS over his lack of speaking and possibly hearing. The last two weeks of my life have been consumed with worry for him.
I have been reminded once again that children have their own timetables! He just started babbling this week. In the span of four hours he began saying several sounds (baabaa, maamaa, waawaa). He is silent no more! He's been a babblin' ever since!
1 comment:
Oh phew, hate those worries, glad he's talking...and hey, cool photo ops for Baby L, he's met lots of people!
Post a Comment