Thursday, January 8, 2009

Caught By the Law

Well folks, I got a speeding ticket. Shhh, I don't want everyone to know. It's my second. My other speeding ticket just so happens to have been four years ago (almost to the day)!

Here's my story: I was driving S to the doctor. Nothing urgent, but I would like to note that I was on the way to a medical facility. I got tagged in the area that sneakily slows down to 35 mph and then speeds back up. I was going 8 mph over the limit. In heavy traffic. I didn't even look at my speedometer because I was just going with the flow of traffic. Would you have given me a ticket? I wouldn't either. I was compliant, though angry. S was concerned about me being arrested and what would happen to her in the back of the van.

So, want to know the part that makes me mad? I was looking at the list of fines to find out how much I owe ($145 by the way). Did you know that being found in possession of marijuana only costs $98? Hmmm, 8 mph over the speed limit costs more that being found in possession of MARIJUANA?!?! I don't follow that logic...

2 comments:

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

Wow, that is crazy. I wonder how much it costs if you are speeding AND you have marijuana...

Julie said...

YOUCH!! That is outrageous!

You are so stinkin' funny.