Remember my speeding ticket? It's still a sore subject. I finally went to my court appointment to "offer an explanation." I listened to "Eye of the Tiger" and the theme song from Karate Kid Part 2 on the drive. I was pumped. I mulled over some possible scenarios/speeches and I was going to wing it when I got there. WELL, when I did get there, all that went out the window. I guess I thought there was going to be a court where people like me would be taking care of simple things like traffic tickets and we would be separate from the KILLERS and other COMPLETELY PSYCHO people. Um, not quite. I came very close to wetting my pants. They had us all together in one waiting area and trust me when I say I WAS THE ONLY ONE THERE FOR A SPEEDING TICKET! I was SO glad that I hadn't brought the kids with me.
So, the outcome was that I had to pay the fine and I'm on probation for one year. I was too chicken to ask for anything else. As long as I don't get another speeding ticket before June 10, 2010, it will not go on my record. I ran out of there as if the building was on fire. I hope never to return.
No comments:
Post a Comment