Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love is in the air!

Cloning. Such an interesting topic, don't you think? While I don't think it would , in reality, be a good idea to have more of me running around, I would like to explore the idea of having more copies of myself for special occasions. Valentine's Day is just such an occasion. Here is what I would have done with more copies of me...

Clone #1 would have gone to Reed's ice cream party at school. I always love to visit Reed in his classroom.
Clone #2 would have gone ice skating with Sophie for her fifth grade field trip. She would not, however, have embarrassed Sophie in any way.
Clone #3 would have made sugar cookies from scratch instead of using the tube of dough from the grocery store. She would have involved Luke in the process and smiled and hugged him even when he made a big mess.
Clone #4 would have prepared a gourmet dinner complete with something for everyone.
Clone #5 would have dropped off something small, but sweet to my husband's office just to let him know I was thinking of him.
Clone #6 would have tidied up the house for everyone to enjoy.
Clone #7 would have dragged out all the art supplies and made valentines with the kids. She probably would have even used the old fashioned paste with the stick in the jar.

Can you just imagine what a day it would have been? I only needed seven more of me to make it happen. Despite the fact that I didn't get any of that done, it was a lovely, lovely day.

Here are the valentines I made for the little ones. They are rolls of paper -- each 24 feet long -- with the reasons why I love them.

Here are the almost homemade cookies.Here is the one part of the house that was tidy. (Until a three year old began to "rearrange" things.)



Here is what I did make for dinner.



Here is Reed's sweet, sweet Valentine box that he designed and made by himself.
Here are the valentines that we passed out.


4 comments:

melissa walker said...

I need some clones too. I am so impressed with what you did with only one of you! We did store-bought valentine's and the kids' valentine from me consisted of a lunch bag with a new book, $2 toy, and a pack of m&ms.
PS--do you mind if I put you on my blog roll so I remember to check in on you?

Trixiegirl said...

Will you make me a roll of paper?

Erika said...

Awww. Love the snakes and the roll of toilet paper. You did tons without the other 6, although I agree, I would like more clones of me too. It could be very handy indeed. What fun festivities!

Julie said...

Tatum! I just happened across your blog (from Melanie's) and I had to pop in and say that I can't believe how much your kids have grown in such a short time! Baby R is adorable.