Monday, July 14, 2008

Break the Ice! Break it into little bitty pieces until the game can't be played anymore!

OK, I'm trying this hilarious experiment. I'm limiting my children's television time. Like seriously trying to limit it. Each day seems to have more hours than the last. Hmmm. In light of that fact I'd like to let out a cyber scream. Helpppppppp Meeeeeeeee! I don't feel better, but whatever. So, today was "game day". We have all these fun games and I love to play games so I declared, "OK, offspring, we're going to play some games today." They walked away. So, then I opened the dusty game cupboard and we settled on "Don't Break the Ice." Anyone know where I'm going with this? WHO IN THE WORLD DECLARED THIS A CLASSIC GAME? That game is pure parental torture! You spend a couple minutes loading those darn "ice cubes" in that plastic frame and then what happens? The kids don't obey the rules and knock one cube out at a time, they spend ONE SECOND smacking the whole thing so all the cubes come out at once. And then the fun begins again. AND what child can put the cubes in themselves? Show me that child. I feel like I've lost the last hour of my life in some weird "Don't Break the Ice" black hole.I just turned the television on.

No comments: