Sunday, July 13, 2008

My Fears

I was recently at a social gathering and the host announced that we were going to play some get-to-know-you games. I make it a point to avoid ANYTHING remotely resembling a get-to-know-you game. I found myself having to answer the question, "What is your greatest fear?"
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm pretty much afraid of everything. It's OK because I'm comfortable being afraid of everything. Everyone began to analyze my psychological state which I found very funny. So, here's my list of fears. Have a good laugh on me.

1. I'm completely afraid of birds. I was dive bombed by our pet bird as a teenager and it was all over after that (as mentioned in my profile). I don't like birds flying over my head (poop issues) and I don't like to touch birds (this posed an interesting dilemma when we had pet ducks two years ago).

2. Adding on to number one, I'm pretty much afraid of every animal. I don't ever like to touch animals. Feeling their bones freaks me out. I don't ever touch animals unless one of my children is in peril and I have not run across that exception yet. Don't tell my kids, but there's pretty much no chance that they'll EVER have a pet other than fish. Poor babies. They can dream, right?

3. I'm terrified of old television shows. Hubby has his own theories on this one. Anytime I see an old television show I have to change the channel and watch something else until I feel OK again. The list of "old" shows includes, but is not limited to: Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke, The Love Boat, and sometimes Golden Girls.

4. I'm afraid of anything touching my ankle bones. I will avoid this at all costs. No matter what. Even if it means injury to someone else. If an attacker went straight for my ankle bones, I'd take him down in a nano second.

5. I'm afraid of serving food with a hair in it. Need I say more? Yuck!

6. Add to this list the usual fears of heights, small spaces, bugs, etc.

3 comments:

-Loni said...

Ok, I can somewhat understand most of those...but old television shows???? What??? I'm not getting that one at all. And c'mon Golden Girls? Old? I remember when that was a new show! You're a riot Tatum--you keep me laughing. HA!

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

What about your fear of the sound of fingers rubbing on paper? ;) My kids will be pet-deprived too. I don't really like animals.

Erika said...

What a hoot! I got a kick out of reading these! And the old tv show fear is funniest!