Friday, June 19, 2009

Ode to Fathers Everywhere


Father's Day...

When this time of year comes around, panic sets in. For years, I have never known what to get my dad (for any holiday, really). He has everything. Anything he doesn't have, he will buy for himself the day before the holiday. I have given some admittedly awful gifts. This year I think I've got it though. (I say that every year). My sister and I decided to take pictures of the kids!

This little adventure was very funny. I think we ironed forty pieces of clothing (each)! There was a lot of shopping for the clothes, wiping faces, combing hair, rewiping faces, etc. And that was before we even got there.

We decided to go to a nearby park. As soon as we got out of the car, the chaos began. I immediately offered ice cream to any "obediant" souls. No one responded in the appropriate manner, so that's when the YELLING began. I'll admit that any passersby might have been slightly concerned about the treatment of these children. There were some slivers (we insisted they be barefoot) and some tears (the sun was in their eyes even though it was very cloudy) and some running away (they're fast). We ended up with some very funny outtakes. I'll post those another time.

This picture is one of my favories.


My children could not be gathered at the same time. I kind of like the outcome though.


There was lots of attitude to go around!







2 comments:

Melanie said...

Let me know when you want to take some pics of T...we're back the morning of the 1st, but then it's the holiday weekend....maybe the week after, or sooner, whatever works for you!

Erika said...

Very cute Father's Day pics!