The house is for sale. So far, no one has come to see it.
I want the house to appear as though no one lives here. My "practice drills" have not produced those results. I would like for someone to come look at the house (and no, I do not mean people I know) just to see how prepared I will be. For some reason there is a certain amount of dread associated with the first showing.
The photo below demonstrates why I am out of my league when it comes to keeping the house spotless. This same incident is repeated 2-4 times each and every day. At least the little cherub weighs 20.0 lbs, FINALLY!!! (Unofficially, on my home scale).

I have been doing a great deal of cleaning the past several days. Now, I'm the kind who uses the most toxic cleaning agents known to man. I find comfort in their strong scents. One time in college I got Shower Power (a very toxic cleaning agent) in my eye. I had to have my eye flushed at the doctor. Anyhoo...yesterday I was cleaning the shower with a bleach cleaner. I didn't want it to bleach my shirt, so I took my shirt off. I had my shirt sitting in the hallway outside the bathroom. I walked downstairs to get another cleaning rag. Just at that moment, as luck would have it, someone knocked at my door. Usually I just wouldn't answer it, but my door was open so whoever was there could see that I was home. I whispered to my four year old that I needed him to get the door since I didn't have a shirt on. I put a decorative pillow in front of me and dashed up the stairs to quickly get my shirt. The following is the conversation that took place in the twenty seconds it took me to put on my shirt:
Man At Door: "Is your mom here?"
Four Year Old: "Yes, but she doesn't have a shirt on."
Man At Door: "Should I come back another time?"
Four Year Old: "Yes, if you don't want to see my mom naked."
At that point, I quickly came around the corner FULLY DRESSED. I tried not to look out of breath, hoping he would think the four year old was making up a story or something. He (man at door) looked slightly scared!
3 comments:
That is hilarious!
Ah ha ha! I too have a topless moment but mine was at target when I was trying on a shirt over my shirt. I ended up taking both shirts off and one of my kids informed me. I had to duck inside the rack to un-inside-out the shirts and get mine back on.
And I have to say that I am glad I could be there in your hour of need during the shower power incidient. You have to buy shower power online now. Did you know that???
oh that makes me laugh ~mainly because it reminds me of the time you got caught when they were showing our apartment in college ~you have skills
Post a Comment