It's January...that means we are celebrating birthdays and GETTING SICK. Blugh. We had a decent run until January. I've been in the house a good deal this past week and it's beginning to not be so much fun. Sooooooo, I've decided to focus on the positive things about my children being sick.
Here are my top ten favorite things about my kids being sick:
10. The doctor in urgent care asking if we've ever heard of a product called Clorox Wipes. That one gave me a GOOD CHUCKLE. That's like asking someone at Disneyworld if they believe in happiness. In answer to her question, "Yes, I think I have seen those at the store once or twice. What do you do with them?"
9. Reed, in his feverish state, has been using such phrases as, "It would be delightful if you could bring me lunch." Come on, how cute is that?
8. No one has been jumping off the couch.
7. Ruby has learned a new word -- TV. Yep, the TV has been on a lot around here. She added to her vocabulary so be quiet and don't judge.
6. Everyone has wanted to snuggle -- lots.
5. Luke told me "You're the nicest person in this house." (I am.)
4. I've had the opportunity to read the same book 500 times. (Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?) Not everyone gets an opportunity like that.
3. I've perfected the art of hand washing. Yes, it is an art. You can ask my children. It took me eleven years to get it just right, but I can wash those little hands until they sparkle.
2. My children are building up their immune systems, right? No seriously, right?
1. I have been wearing pajamas for DAYS. Not the same ones every day, but comfy, cozy pajamas all day long.
I know, you all wish you were me. It's a glamorous life.
1 comment:
Oh boy. One of those times eh?! Well I think you have a good list of positive things. And yes about the immune systems...that's what I tell myself ALL the time. It must be the truth...it must be.
Post a Comment